Gender Conversation QuickStarters – A Staff Meeting in a Box.
My objective was to create a staff meeting in a box to foster opportunities for men and women to discuss the different experiences they are having at work in order to help engage men in women’s advancement and to help transform organizations into places where each individual can contribute to organizational goals and be recognized equitably.
As we know, women’s leadership advancement is stuck. There are three realities today that must be addressed if we are to drive long-term systemic advancement for women.
- Organizations must choose to talk about the gender dynamics that are present in every workplace.
- Women and men are having different experiences in the workplace and no one wants to talk about it or the underlying issues.
- Conversations regarding gender differences in the workplace have to include men, and men are afraid that they will say or do something wrong.
Each Gender Conversations QuickStarter newsletter contains one to three topics and includes a link to an article or a video that you can share with participants along with questions to get the conversation started. These tools can be used in your weekly staff meetings, for one-on-one conversations, for quick lunch and learn topics or at your women’s employee resource group. Additionally, the topics are designed to support your organization’s women’s leadership advancement strategy and development.
- Topic One – is typically for organizations that are just starting to raise awareness for advancing women.
- Topic Two – is designed for companies who have formulated a strategy and are looking to build on their foundational strategy.
- Topic Three – is designed for mature organizations to raise the bar and create deep robust game-changing conversations.
There is only one golden rule to follow: Assume good intent in all conversations. Someone will possibly say something wrong or perhaps inappropriate. That is okay! The value of this tool is to have a dialogue.
Staff Meeting in a Box
For many subscribers, the monthly e-newsletter has become a free ‘staff-meeting-in-a-box’ with tips, topics, and ideas for conducting difficult conversations at work about the vastly different experiences men and women are having in the workplace, gender inequity and balance along with gender bias and other blind spots.
Most Popular Topics
Here are some of the most popular topics and themes we have presented. Feel free to use them to start powerful conversations about gender and the different experiences each of us is having at work in order to transform our organizations into places that allow each person to contribute and thrive along with with the organization.
- Committed to advancing women? SHOW ME THE MONEY!
- GIFT inside … And, how to engage men with the business case to change culture
- Have you noticed? #ChangeisHappening
- This Father’s Day, Give your Daughters the Gift of Gender Advocacy
- It’s time for men to take their places as gender allies!
- Women’s Leadership Advancement is Stuck.
Thank you for starting the conversations. Let me know how it goes!
Are you ready to start powerful conversations about gender in the workplace, sign-up here to receive our monthly, Gender Conversation QuickStarters.
Jeffery Tobias Halter is the President of YWomen, a strategic consulting company focused on engaging men in women’s leadership advancement. Founder of the Father of Daughter Initiative, creator of the Gender Conversation QuickStarters Newsletter and the Male Advocacy Profile, Jeffery is the former Director of Diversity Strategy for The Coca-Cola company and is the author of two books, WHY WOMEN, The Leadership Imperative to Advancing Women and Engaging Men and Selling to Men, Selling to Women.